Sunday, February 28, 2016

Culture in orchidarium

When I lived in a flat and of course when I had no greenhouse, I used to grow my mounted orchids in two orchidariums.
Here you can see how I did and what I used to "build" them!!

At first I bought a little orchidarium, 70x45x100, for 100€...
 

Then, I bought in Germany the plates of agglomerated cork, that I covered with plasticized wire netting, the best way to hang on easily my mounted orchids.


 



I then bought a reflector for an Envirolite bulb , thus I began by fixing this reflector before receiving the bulb a few days later.



Here is the  Envirolite bulb, 200W et 6400K°, ideal for the growth of plants but also suiting to obtain bloomings.
If you can put only one bulb in your orchidarium, choose this one, but if you have a feflector for two bulbs, you can put one "growth" and one "bloom".
 


Here are the fogger and the hygrostat.





















 
I put at the bottom 10cm of balls of clay, for more humidity and that was good, my orchidarium was finished!!
 
 


Some months later I decided to instal an automatic watering system



That waters plants and that regulate the temperature when it is too hot.

 



I quickly decided to build another one, bigger than the first, with this time a reflector for two bulbs.






I put the two orchidariums in the same room, so it became possible to use the automatic watering system pour the two in the same time.
 I also installed a fogger system in the second, with a leaky pipeline to distribute the fog
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment